Heritage Valley Partners, Inc.
In 2008, Heritage Valley Partners, Inc., (HVP) was established as the development arm of the Lackawanna Heritage Valley National and State Heritage Area (LHV). HVP, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization, supports the mission of LHV through fund development and through the support of Ambassadors in Action, LHV’s volunteer organization. HVP is working to expand opportunities for funding for LHV’s wide range of projects, programs, and events.
Heritage Valley Partners’ goals and accomplishments include:
- Build and improve the beautiful 70 mile Lackawanna River Heritage Trail System from Pittston, PA to the New York State border.
- Continue telling the story of authentic historic and cultural sites where America’s Industrial Revolution was powered by coal mines, railroads, trolleys, mills, iron works and other local industries.
- Conserve and renew the Lackawanna River and the environment for future generations to enjoy.
- Celebrate and enjoy the local traditions, food and festivals of the diverse ethnic groups who settled in our area from all over the world.
HVP and the Lackawanna Heritage Valley Authority, the management entity of the heritage area, collaborate to strengthen the sustainability and effectiveness of the Lackawanna Heritage Valley.
Heritage Valley Partners Board Members
The following individuals serve on the Board of Directors of Heritage Valley Partners, Inc.:
- L.P. Frieder, III, Chair
- Julie Schumacher Cohen, Vice Chair
- David Bosley, Secretary/Treasurer
- Ray Angeli
- Tom Donohue
- Stacy Kearney
- Grace McGregor Kramer
- Sean McDonough, Esq.
- Ken O’Krepkie
- Lori Rudalavage
- Robert Tamburro
- Jim Sullivan
- Mark Volk
- Thom Welby
- Lawrence D. West
Joseph J. Corcoran serves as the Executive Director of Heritage Valley Partners, Inc.